Below, you'll find all of our goals for the 2018-2019 school year. These are ambitious, achievable goals meant to make us the model for College Democrats around the nation.
- We will charter with the College Democrats of America.
- We will convene a State Committee of the presidents and vice presidents of all chartered campus chapters in the District of Columbia.
- We will, as our first order of business, adopt our bylaws and a strategic plan.
- We will meet, as a State Committee, once every month through May, 2019.
- We will establish chapters on the campuses of Trinity Washington University, Howard University, Gallaudet University, and the University of the District of Columbia.
- We will establish a meaningful social media presence for the federation and for each campus chapter.
- We will connect with the leaders of the DC Democratic Party and the DC Young Democrats.
- We will hold elections for new executive officers in May, 2019, and ensure a smooth transition of responsibilities.
- We will deliver monthly emails to all member of our organization promoting opportunities for jobs and internships among public servants, campaigns, and progressive organizations.
- We will establish multiple workshop “tracks” focused on training students to work in political environments and on campaigns, with regular workshops throughout the year.
- We will host federation-wide meetings in October and February with workshops, speakers, and social events.
- We will provide resources on running effective campus chapters to campus leaders.
- We will host a Lobby Day, on which students will meet with public servants and staff in Congress to learn about the work environment of political decision making.
- We will host at least one other field trip to a progressive organization for students to meet with key community leaders and decision makers to learn about the work environment of political advocacy and campaigning.
Turning Out Our Peers
- We will establish a voter registration and absentee ballot registration program.
- We will register and/or sign up for absentee ballots 5,000 students before November elections.
- We will increase total membership of DC College Democrats by at least 25%.
- We will obtain the highest percentage of voter turnout among college-aged students in the District of Columbia, Montgomery County, MD, Prince George’s County, MD, Fairfax County, VA, Arlington, VA, and Alexandria, VA in recent history in the November elections.
- We will obtain the highest percentage of voter turnout among college-aged students in the Northern Virginia in recent history in 2019 primary elections.